15 Signs of Potential Battery
SIGNS TO LOOK FOR IN A BATTERING PERSONALITY
PROJECT FOR VICTIMS OF FAMILY VIOLENCE;
15 Reasons to Leave Your Lover: Warning Signs of an Abusive Personality. “If your mate is displaying a combination of these behaviors, then you may have a potential batterer on your hands. Watch out.”
- A push for quick involvement: pressures for an exclusive commitment almost immediately.
- Jealousy: excessively possessive.
- Controlling: interrogates you intensely.
- Unrealistic expectations: expects you to be the perfect woman and meet his every need.
- Isolation: tries to cut you off from family and friends.
- Blames others for problems and mistakes: the boss, you – it’s always someone.
- Makes everyone else responsible for his feelings: the abuser says, “You make me angry,” instead of “I am angry.”
- Hypersensitivity: is easily insulted.
- Cruelty to animals and children: 65 percent of abusers who beat their partner will also abuse children.
- “Playful” use of force during sex: enjoys holding you down against your will during sex.
- Verbal abuse: constantly criticizes, or says blatantly cruel, hurtful things.
- Rigid sex roles: expects you to serve.
- Sudden mood swings: switches from sweetly loving to explosively violent.
- Past battering: admits hitting women in the past.
- Threats of violence: makes statements such as, “I’ll break your neck.”